- What is Daily Scoop?
- What will Daily Scoop cost me?
- Will the use of "Click-to-Call" functions be charged to my bill?
- What kind of offers are going to be sent to me?
- Will using Daily Scoop interfere with my phone service?
- When and where will I be able to use Daily Scoop?
- Can I receive offers from different areas when I'm traveling?
- How will I know when there is a software update available?
- Is there a service document that I am agreeing to by signing up for Daily Scoop?
- Daily Scoop is not pre-loaded on my phone - how can I get it?
- How do I cancel Daily Scoop?
- Is Daily Scoop available on all phone models?
User Preferences & Optimizing User Experience
- How do I open Daily Scoop, or view old offers and content again after they have been dismissed?
- I received an offer a few days ago. I was planning on using it, but it's not in my Recent Info & Offers. How do I get it back?
- Can I change the sound the Daily Scoop application makes? Can I turn the volume down or off?
- I don't want a certain type of content; is there any way I can block specific offers?
- I'm receiving offers too early in the morning/too late at night-what can I do?
- What does the "Call" option do? Is there a charge to use this function?
- What does the "Send Txt" option do? Is there a charge to use this function?
- What does the "Launch" option do? Is there a charge to use this function?
- What are ratings? How are they used?
- What are "Verizon Messages"?
- What are "Bonus Messages"?
- Can I personalize the content I receive throughout the day?
- Can I set my phone to only receive a certain type of content or offer?
Customer Service Troubleshooting
- I'm receiving offers from retailers and restaurants that are not in my area; what can I do?
- I'm receiving content and offers that are not local to me and/or my ZIP code has changed; what can I do?
- How can I cancel my Daily Scoop subscription?
Introduction 1. What is Daily Scoop? It is an application for your mobile phone that allows you to receive interesting content, and valuable offers and discounts from Verizon Wireless and other retailers. Daily Scoop sends you exclusive and valuable information for your daily life. You will receive the best offers from local and national retailers about new products, contests and discounted goods and services. In addition, you will receive content such as weather forecasts, movie releases, sports scores, fun facts and trivia, etc. 2. What will Daily Scoop cost me? Daily Scoop comes pre-installed on many Verizon Wireless phones and it is free to use. If Daily Scoop is not preloaded on your phone, you may be able to download it depending on your phone model. If you subscribe to an unlimited data feature with your calling plan, downloading the Daily Scoop application is free. If you do not subscribe to an unlimited data feature to your calling plan, you may incur data charges at applicable rates on either a minutes of use or megabyte basis for initially downloading the application and/or browsing other applications. Once installed, you are not charged a subscription fee or an application fee. As indicated above, you may incur data transport charges for using the application based on your wireless plan. 3. Will the use of "Click-to-Call" or "Click-to-Launch" functions be charged to my bill? Some offers will provide links to visit websites, click-to-call, or click-to-launch other applications or features. If you select those links or actions, you may be charged for normal airtime or data usage based on your current plan. This is the same charge as any other phone call or data session you may initiate from your mobile device. 4. What kind of offers are going to be sent to me? You may receive everything from daily specials at local restaurants and sales at your favorite stores to prize giveaways for merchandise, food and tickets to sporting events, concerts or movies. You will also receive timely and useful information such as weather reports and stations with the lowest gas prices in your area. Sample content can be found here. 5. Will using Daily Scoop interfere with my phone service? No. Daily Scoop software is tailored specifically for optimal user experience. It will not interrupt phone calls or other uses of the phone. It is specifically designed to deliver information to your device when it is not in use. 6. When and where will I be able to use Daily Scoop? You will receive content from Daily Scoop anywhere within the network coverage areas. Offers will be delivered to your phone at various times throughout the day, and you will be able to review previously delivered content for the lifetime of that offer by opening up the application at any time. 7. Can I receive offers from different areas when I'm traveling? Daily Scoop content and offers are specifically tailored to the ZIP code that you provide during registration. Once you have accepted the Daily Scoop Terms of Service, you will by default receive offers specific to this location. If you will be travelling to an area for an extended period of time, some phone models will allow you to confirm or update your ZIP code by choosing "Options" from within the Recent Info & Offers Menu and selecting Personalize. Please allow 24 hours for ZIP code changes to take effect and remember to change your ZIP code again when you return from your trip. 8. How will I know when there is a software update available? We will alert you of all applicable updates through the Daily Scoop service. When an application update is available, you will be able to easily obtain the update through GET IT NOW or via a Launch button-without having to visit a store. 9. Is there a service document that I am agreeing to by signing up for Daily Scoop? Yes - your regular terms of service with Verizon Wireless apply. Additional Terms of Service (TOS) are located online at www.vzdailyscoop.com/tos.
- If you download the application from GET IT NOW you will be asked to confirm that you are over 13 years old and to agree to the Terms of Service.
- If Daily Scoop was originally on your phone when it was purchased it, shortly after you turn on your phone you will be asked to confirm that you are over 13 years old and to agree to the Terms of Service.
- If you do not initially agree to accept TOS, a message will be available in the application allowing you to accept TOS later.
- After you agree to the Terms of Service, we will ask you for your ZIP code so we can better serve you offers from your area. We will also ask your gender and date of birth to further tailor content and offers. You are not required to enter your ZIP code, gender, or date of birth to use the service.
- Open GET IT NOW by pressing the right arrow key on your handset.
- Scroll down and select Tools on the Go. (Get Going on some phones)
- Scroll down and select Get New App (Featured Apps on some phones)
- Scroll down to Daily Scoop and select to install
Offer expires in one day
Offer expires in two days
Offer expires in three days
Offer expires in more than three days
- Sound on - your phone will play a sound to alert you that an offer has arrived
- Vibrate on - your phone will vibrate when an offer has arrived
- Both - your phone will vibrate and play a sound when an offer has arrived
- None - your phone will not notify you when an offer has arrived
Note: The following FAQs only apply to preloaded handsets. If Daily Scoop was originally on your phone when it was purchased it you have a preloaded version of Daily Scoop (versus a download version).22. What are "Verizon Messages"? Verizon Messages are sent from Verizon Wireless to notify you of important dates, update you on new products and special offers, and keep you in-the-know with the latest Verizon Wireless news. 23. What are "Bonus Messages"? Bonus Messages include content and offers from parties other than Verizon Wireless. Set Bonus Messages to 'On' to receive fun and informative content, like weather forecasts, local gas prices, and trivia, as well as valuable offers from local and national businesses. Sample content can be found here. 24. Can I personalize the content I receive throughout the day? You can personalize content you receive and confirm or update your ZIP code by choosing "Options" from within the Recent Info & Offers Menu and selecting Personalize. You can select content for the following content types and times:
- ZIP Code - Confirm or update the ZIP code used to tailor content and offers to your location.
- Weather - select whether to receive local Weather forecasts daily on your phone's home screen between 8AM-9AM.
- Gas Price Watch - select the number of days per week Gas Price Watch notifications display on your phone's home screen between 9AM-10AM.
- Morning Content - select content that will typically display on your phone's home screen between 10AM-11AM daily.
- Afternoon Content - select content that will typically display on your phone's home screen between 5PM-6PM daily.
- Evening Content - select content that will typically display on your phone's home screen between 7PM-8PM daily.
Menu → Options → Verizon Msgs → On/Off